Sunday, April 15, 2012

Back to Square 1


I can hardly believe that more than a year has passed and I haven't blogged at all!! Certainly not about food. But even my 'From Brum to Berlin' contributions were rare.

What's much worse though is the fact that, not only have I not lost any weight, in fact, in 2012, the Battle of the Bulge is an even tougher one, as I'm actually back to the grossly overweight state I was in when I was approaching 50. Since then, I had been down somewhat twice, though never all the way to my ideal weight of however many years ago. One might well say that this is the weight my body wants to be but that's just one of the facets.

Now, if I could say that the diet(s) fell by the wayside because I finally addressed all the issues inside and outside this house, then at least SOME things would be all sunshine and roses. But no, the domestic battle front has also not moved one little bit, in fact, it can safely be said that we are well and truly entrenched!

But it's all going to change now, right?!! Right... The self-help books - of which I own too many for it to be healthy - all seem to say that step 1 is to state what you're going to do, and then do it. So, here goes:

  1. I'm going to lose weight this year and keep it off
  2. I'm going to get the house restored
  3. I'm going to put my affairs in order

I've said it, now on to the far more demanding following through...

In terms of the diet, we started last week, and while the men DID have some chocolates over Easter, I managed to abstain. So far, so good.

I'm going to cook a lot from Gino D'Acampo's The Italian Diet. I bought it at a Charity shop and son Nr 2 has been through it, marking the recipes he would like me to try out, and I've got a few favourites of my own.

So far, we've had

  • Light Spicy Meat Balls p75
  • Baked Stuffed Onions With Sun-Dried Tomatoes p53

Both were delicious, and the meat balls were an absolute treat, my men said. So 3 stars there!

Next week, I'm intending to cook

  • Spicy Fish Soup p81
  • Fillet Of Cod With A Spicy Red Pesto p132
  • Egg & Salami Salad With Toasted Pine Kernels p95




4 comments:

yanmaneee said...

fila shoes
harden shoes
golden goose sneakers
golden goose sneakers
nmd
curry 6
michael kors handbags outlet
michael kors factory outlet
james harden shoes
golden gooses sneakers

yanmaneee said...

air jordan
coach outlet online
coach outlet
kobe shoes
kd 11 shoes
golden goose sneakers
timberland outlet
off white hoodie
golden goose outlet
jordan retro

meglévő eladó kft átvétele said...

Ebben hatékony eszköz az adequit cégeladás honlap, ha potenciális cégvásárlóként eladó Kft cégek között keresne.

eladó vállalkozások listája said...

Amennyiben befektető, vagy szakmai vevőként cégfelvásárláson gondolkodik, akkor dealmarket eladó cégek listája segítségével a lehetséges célpontok széles választékban állnak rendelkezésre.