Thursday, March 19, 2009

And these are his muffins!

Raspberry, Strawberry and Blueberry Muffins

I had fresh blueberries in but just blueberries, that was not unusual enough for The Boy (see below), so we de-frosted some 'summer fruit'.

This is what he had to bring to his Food Technology (1) class:

280g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100g sugar
1 egg
240 ml milk

85g butter
140g fruit

My guess is that they were baked in a pre-heated oven at around 180-200 degrees C, for about 20 minutes.

I thought they were very nice but he was disappointed. Not sweet enough, not quite as sensational as he'd hoped for. But believe me, had I not taken these pictures immediately, there wouldn't have been anything left to photograph.

I'm wondering whether I can enter this for BBD # 18 over at funandfood , because right at the moment I can't see myself getting round to making the savoury waffles as there are so many deadlines looming. But I suppose 'guessing' a recipe isn't quite on!
____________________________
(1) Technology! I ask you! First they pretended they were actually teaching you something about household management - Home Economics - then they wanted to be associated with even more serious subjects by calling it Domestic Science, and now it's technology! For a linguist, the naming and re-naming processes which are going on in the world are a matter of never-ending amusement! My favourite in terms of school subjects, however, has to be Resistant Materials!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else however it is simply
placing the other person's web site link on your page at proper place and other person will also
do same for you.

Have a look at my web-site locksmith ga

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of
content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or
two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

Also visit my weblog; home improvements diy (http://www.homeimprovementdaily.com)